September 26, 2013

Exciting news!

... At least, for those of you who happen to be in the Netherlands in November and/or December. 

Just before I went on holiday, I was contacted by a lady from iFabrica... 

As it turns out, iFabrica is a very cool new project in Amsterdam. Part artist's workshop, part center for education. It just opened in September and offers courses on a wide range of subjects from laser cutting to draping and from 3D-printing to basic sewing...

And I'm going to teach two workshops:

The first, in November, will be all about Pattern Magic. On two Sundays, 10 an 17 November, I will do my best to get anyone with a bit of sewing experience started, not just on using a Pattern Magic book, but especially on bending the instructions to your own needs and wishes. 

Of course, we can only do so much in two days but everyone should be going home with a finished garment. 

The second one, on 15 December is also doable for the rookie seamstress. It's about "up-cycling" and more specifically, about making bags from old clothes. 


You know, like I've been doing here. Everyone will be working on his/her own project so it can be as easy as you need as difficult as you want. Anyway, it's all about re-creating your trash into treasure.

Both workshops will take place when there are two or more participants. You can find out more about them and sign up here.

6 comments:

  1. I'll keep this in mind when I'm in Europe. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations! that should be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I was contacted too but I won't be around then so I referred them to you, cause I thought you'd be perfect for it. (And better at it, frankly ;)) I'm happy to see it worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I want more than ever now to visit your part of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new teaching position! Should be lots of fun, for you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are excited too! It is now an event on facebook too!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/589526861097073/

    ReplyDelete